Welcome to Civil Engineering Department
VISION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
To produce competent civil engineers with a strong aptitude for leadership.
MISSION OF THE DEPARTMENT:
- To promote excellence by providing strong motivation for creative thinking.
- To inculcate sensitivity towards society and high respect for environment.
- To trace new career paths with a meaningful interaction with stakeholders.
- To impart quality technical education with an excellent blend of academic programs and practical knowledge.
To promote excellence in academic and training activities by inspiring students for becoming competent professional to cater industrial and social needs.
Head, Department of Civil Engineering
ABOUT DEPARTMENT :
The department of Civil engineering was established in the year 1983 initially with UG course in ‘Construction Technology’ with 60 intake capacity. Later shifted to UG course in Civil engineering with same intake in the year 1987. At present the department is has a intake capacity of 120 for the first year and 18 for PG in Construction and Management . The department is accredited two times by NBA-AICTE, New Delhi.
DEPARTMENT INTAKE :
Undergraduate B.Tech. Civil Engineering
Postgraduate M.Tech.Civil Engineering
( Construction and Management )
MILESTONES OF THE DEPARTMENT:
||Establishment with 60 Intake
||ISO 9001-2000 Certified
||NAAC Accredited with A grade (CGPA 3.27)
||Platinum Category Institute – AICTE CII SURVEY
||Inclusion in Unnat Maharashtra Abhiyan by Government of Maharashtra
||Inclusion in Unnat Bharat Abhiyan by Government of India
||Third Party Consultant Jalyukt Shivar Abhiyan, Government of Maharashtra
Completed 37 years successfully
- The postgraduate Program has been started in the year 2011.
- Qualified, experienced, motivated and coordinated faculty.
- Eleven Well equipped and spacious laboratory infrastructure.
- Strong industry institute interaction.
- Active students association CESA.
- Strong alumni linkage.
PROGRAM EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES:
Civil Engineering Graduates will –
- Be competent with a strong technical background to design and undertake multidisciplinary projects.
- Exhibit excellent leadership skills with due consideration to ethical values and safety.
- Participate in research and development activities to provide sustainable solutions.
- Excel in the use of professional software for planning, analysis and design.
- Become successful entrepreneurs to encourage vibrant growth in infrastructure.
- Demonstrate knowledge in mathematics, basic sciences and civil engineering
- Identify, formulate and solve civil engineering problems.
- Prepare structural design that fulfills specification, durability, economy & safety.
- Design and conduct experiment, analyze data and interpret result to provide conclusion.
- Use appropriate engineering techniques and software tools to analyze civil engineering problems.
- Apply civil engineering knowledge for construction site in all respect like planning, execution and supervision.
- Successfully face towards ethical, societal and environmental issue along with professional work.
- Exhibit understanding of professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Ability to function as a leader of multidisciplinary team.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- Develop engineering research ability and project management skill.
- Possess confidence for self education and ability for lifelong learning.
Head of the Department,
Department of Civil Engineering,
T.K.I.E.T., Warananagar - 416113
Tal- Panhala,Dist- Kolhapur (M.S.), India
Go to top