1. Department conducts Soft-Skill Training Program for Third Year students headed by Dr. Marku Monis. During the program, he focuses on Communication Skills, Group discussion, Interview techniques and Extempore.
2. Moodle-based aptitude Tests are conducted under the co-ordination and guidance f Prof. A R Shinge and Prof. R G Ksheersagar at regular intervals for Second, Third and Final Year students.
3. Mock Interview sessions and Group Discussion sessions are regularly conducted at Department for Final Year students by senior faculty.
4. A training program for Final Year students was conducted during 10th June to 23rd June 2016. Resource person Mr. Manjunath Yadav from Infidif Solutions Pvt. Ltd, Bengalooru offered the training in HYPERMESH. 20 students underwent this training successfully.
5. In view of Campus recruitment drive to be conducted by TCS, Pune, this year, Training & Placement Cell of Department organized a special Training Program on C/C++ for its Final Year students. Prof. K. D. Joshi held the C/C++ sessions during 25th July to 29th July 2016. In all 58 students attended the sessions. The program was run after the College academic hours.
6. In association with Department of Electronics Engineering, Prof. S. H. Patil of Mechanical Engineering Departmenrt conducted One day workshop on e-Yantra on 26th July 2016, for Final Year students of our Department. Prof. SharanKumar was the resource person for this workshop. The workshop was inaugurated in the presense of Head of Electronics Department Prof. D. G. Chougule. Prof. R. T. Patil, Prof. S. H. Patil, Prof. SharanKumar and the participants were present on this occasion. In all 30 students participated in the workshop. All the sessions under this workshop were conducted in Electronics Laboratory.
7. On 21st Sept. 2016, A Webinar on "CATIA V5 Machining: was arranged by Department for students of Third Year Engineering. Mr. Lakshmi Narayan Perisetti of EDS Technologies, Pune, delivered the content of the Webinar. He focused on the following points during his presentation which ran for an hour.
1. Why CATIA V5 Machining?
2. What are the various Machining Processes?
3. What are the different Axes available to work with CATIA V5 for NC Machining?
4. Important parameters while programming.
5. Prismatic Machining
6. Surface Machining
7. Multiaxis Machining and
8. Advanced Machining
90 students of TE(Mech) class attended the webinar. Prof. K D Joshi, Prof. A S Todkar, Prof.
P B Kadam, Prof. S H Patil, Prof. M R Jadhav, Prof. N S Dharashivkar, Prof. V N Mane, Prof. P J Patil, Prof. A R Shinge, Prof. A S Darur, Prof. D S Patil, Prof. V V Patil. Prof. P N Deshmukh, Prof. H T Kekare were present during the entire session of webinar.
Dr. A S Todkar, Dept. Webinar Co-ordinator and Prof. K. D. Joshi co-ordinated the entire event.
8. On 15th and 16th June 2017, Prof. M. R. Jadhav and Prof. A.R. Shinge conducted "Two days workshop on “CNC Lathe and Milling –Programming & Operating.”
Fundamentals of CNC technology was discussed during the workshop. It mainly focused on Part Programming, Geometric dimensioning and Tolerances, setting up of CNC machine for operation and basic practice on CNC machine in context with industrial applications. 21 Faculty members participated in this workshop. The workshop gave a real industrial knowledge to the attendees. With completion of this workshop faculty members will not only be able to operate CNC machine but to write a program for an industrial component as well.
9. Dr. M. S. Dhuttargaon, Prof. S.V. Lingaraju, Prof. P. V. Kamble and Prof. M. S. Sawant have been conducting a 2-week training program on AVEVA PDMS Software since last two years. This skill imparting training program has helped some of the Final year students to get placed in the companies like Proton Engineering Consultancy & Services, Dombivali and Tata Consulting Engineers, Mumbai.