Welcome to Mechanical Engineering Department
Dr. TODKAR A. S.
Department of Mechanical Engineering
The Mechanical Engineering Department is one of the prominent departments of Tatyasaheb Kore
Institute of Engineering and Technology, belonging to Warana Educational Complex. It is established in
the year 1996-97 initially with intake capacity of 60 and increased to 120 in the year 2010-11. Further,
department added Direct Second year division (II shift) with 60 intake capacity for Diploma students from
2011-12. Department has been accredited twice in April 2004 and September 2011 by National Board of
Accreditation (NBA), New Delhi.
Department also runs Post Graduation Program in Design Engineering with intake capacity of 18.
To be an academic centre of excellence in the field of Mechanical Engineering through quality technical education.
To develop Mechanical Engineers of high repute with professional ethics
To excel in academics and sustainable research.
To facilitate employability, entrepreneurship and career development.
To promote vibrant industry institute interaction.
To nurture a sense of life-long learning, social responsibility and care for environment.
M. Tech. Mechanical Design Engineering
Features : -
1. Completed 20 years successfully.
2. The Post Graduation Course has been started in the year 2010.
3. Qualified, experienced, motivated and coordinated faculty.
4. Well equipped and spacious laboratories with latest softwares, equipments and computers.
5. Strong industry institute interaction.
6. Active students association MESA.
7. Strong alumni linkage.
8. Involvement of the faculty members in all activities organized by the Institute.
The Department runs following Professional Chapters for Students:
I. Indian Society for Technical Education, ISTE, New Delhi
II. Institution of Engineers (India), IEI, Kolkata
III. ISHRAE Student Chapter
Program Educational Objectives
Graduates will be able to,
1. make successful careers in Indian and multinational companies
2. be competent with strong technological background to solve industrial and societal problems
3. succeed in a post graduate as well as research programs.
4. be sensitive towards professional ethics and environmental issues.
5. lead teams for executing multidisciplinary projects
After completion of the Program, graduates will have
1. an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics , science and engineering fundamentals to solve complex engineering problems
2. an ability to analyze the mechanical problem, interpret data through synthesis and evaluate to make conclusion
3. capability to solve complex engineering problems and design system components or processes as per specified requirements addressing public health, safety, cultural, societal and environmental issues
4. an ability to identify the problems and apply the research methodology to formulate, investigate and validate the outcomes .
5. an ability to make use of advanced techniques and tools necessary in engineering practices
6. an ability to understand societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues while providing solutions for mechanical engineering problems
7. an ability to develop sustainable solutions and identify with their effects on society and environment
8. an apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities of the engineering practice
9. an ability to function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
10. an ability to comprehend technical ideas, communicate through effective design documentation and oral presentation.
11. an ability to lead and manage multidisciplinary teams by applying engineering and management principles.
12. an ability to engage in independent and life - long learning in the broadest context of advancement in technology.
Program Specific Outcomes
1. Graduates will be able to model and analyse the machine design problems.
2. Graduates will be able to demonstrate the working of energy conversion devices.
3. Graduates will be able to manufacture the products using idfferent machine tools.