Welcome to the Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities
Dr. D. N. Mane
HOD, Applied Sciences and Humanities
Chief Coordinator of First-Year B.Tech
The Department of Applied Science and Humanities was formed in 1990. Dr. S. S. Joshi was the first Head of the Applied Science and Humanities department. This department provides a breadth of knowledge in pure and basic sciences like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, and English with engineering practices. Applied Sciences and Humanities subjects are the foundation subject for all disciplines such as Mechanical, Chemical, Civil, Electronics and Telecommunication, and Computer Science & Engineering for Engineering and Technology.
The vision of the department is to enhance the scientific temperament of the students through the knowledge of core courses of the Applied Sciences & Humanities.
The mission of the Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities -
- To impart quality education in Basic Sciences and Humanities
- To provide hands-on training to solve real-life problems
- To acquaint students with effective communication skills
- To inculcate ethical and moral values amongst the students
The department offers an excellent academic environment with a team of highly qualified faculty members to provide the needs of the students and to motivate them to develop their technical skills.
FACULTY QUALIFICATION :
FACULTY TEACHING EXPERIENCE :
FACULTY PUBLICATIONS-SUMMARY :
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs):
Department of Applied Sciences and Humanities will enable its graduates to:
1. Capable to examine problems by applying and obtaining knowledge and understanding of laws,
theories, and principles of sciences and mathematic.
2. Able to identify problems, design an experiment, process, and interpret the experimental data, and critically analyze and define the conclusion.
3. Be proficient to use the fundamental techniques, Basic skills, Science, and modern engineering tools for engineering practice.
4. Pursue and succeed in furthering their education as they continue the process of life-long learning.