DEPARTMENT OF CIVIL ENGINEERING
Activities under CESA
The civil engineering student association (CESA) organized (CESA) 26TH inaugural function on 11th July 2017. The respected guest present where, Er.S.B.Sabnis he is a leading engineer and consultant from Kolhapur. The recent project that he had exicutated is D.Y.P.CITY Kolhapur.
- Alumni and students Interaction
The civil engineering student association (CESA) organized interaction between Alumni and students on 1st July 2017. The respected aluminizes present where, Mr. Randhir rane (Executive engineer Thane Municipal Corporation) & Mr. Bhushan wade (Director of unicorn estate private limited, Mumbai) from 1992 batch.
- Guest Lecture by Newton Software, Pune.
CESA arranged guest lecture on Softwares on 4th July 2017. Demonstation Of two software Auto steel and Auto Scan presented by Mr. Kuldip Dhumal (Trainer),Mr. Prashant Kavishwar, (Business Development Manager) of Newton’s software Pvt. Ltd. , Pune.
- Guest Lecture on Plumbing consultancy by Plumbing consultacy Pvt. Ltd, Kolhapur
Mrs.Tejas Dhavle, Chairman & MD, plumbing consultacy Pvt. Ltd., Kolhapur gave very brief presentation on ‘Plumbing Systems and Challenges” to third and last year students. After seminar question answer session conducted for 15 min. The function is concluded by vote of thanks by Prof. V.M.Sanade.
- Tree Plantation, Elocution competition on Occasion of College Foundation day / Engineers day
Tree plantation at the hands of beloved Principal Dr. S.V. Anekar
Tree plantation at the hands of Prof. L.B.patkure, HOD, Civil Department
Activities 2015 -16 Semester II
- Expert lecture on RIVET Software and Building Estimation and Costing Software
CESA Organized Expert Lecture of RIVET Software and Building Estimation and Costing Software Software for all Civil Engg. students on 28th January 2016, 12.00 pm at New Seminar Hall. The key speaker. were from CADD Center Kolhapur. The students of TE and final year attended the lecture. They explained the use of RIVET and Building Estimation and Costing software in construction Industry. Also they demonstrated the RIVET Software to students and explained main challenges in design and drafting field. Prof S. S. Chavan was the coordinator.
- Guest Lecture by Ms. Bhyagyashri Patil, TICB Mumbai
CESA Organized Guest Lecture by Ms. Bhyagyashri Patil, TICB Mumbai. Bhygyashri TKIET Almuni (2014 batch) Department of Civil Engineering, joined TICB through Campus interview 2014 at TKIET. She explained the qualification criteria and syllabus required for TICB. It was very interactive session with eligible students from final year.
- Two weeks students technical enhancement program STAAD PRO
Department of Civil Engineering in Collaboration with CESA and ISTE organized Two weeks students technical enhancement program STAAD PRO. Program inaugurated on 23rd Jan 2016in presence of the dignitories Er Pradeep S. Kulkarni, Principal Dr. S. V. Anekar, HOD Civil Prof. B. V. Birajdar, ISTE Chairman Prof. T. S. Jangam, Coordinator Prof. Imran A. Mursal and CESA faculty advisor Prof. V. J. Yadav. The first session of workshop conducted form 23rd to 27th January 16 for basics and analysis of structure. In next session the design of Steel Structure and RCC structures are scheduled. The program carried out interactively for total 70 no of students from TE and BE Civil Class.This workshop was effectively coordinted by Prof. Imran A. Mursal.
- Expert lecture on STAAD PRO Software
CESA Organized Expert Lecture of STAAD PRO Software for all Civil Engg. students on 19th January 2016, at Vilasrao Kore Seminar Hall. Key speaker Er. Pradeep S. Kulkarni guided the Civil Students for need and requirements of STAAD PRO in Design and Consultancy Field. He also explained the importance and demand for Structural Engineers from Civil Construction World. The students of TE and final year benefited by the lecture.
- Expert lecture on 3D MAX Software
Two Experts from CAAD Center Kolhapur delivered Guest Lecture of 3D MAX Software for all Civil Engg. students on 19th January 2016, at New Seminar Hall. Experts demonstrated how 3D Max Software works and its importance. The also presented the video presentation on working with 3D Max Software.
Activities 2015 -16 Semester I
1. Inauguration of CESA:
Chief Guest: Dr. Pramod Bhalerao, Chairman Yureka India
Venue: New Seminar Hall, TKIET Warananagar.
Date: Tuesday 28th July 2015, 11.15 AM
Civil Engineering Student Association of TKIET Warananagar organized Inauguration function of CESA on 28th July 2015. The Function started with lightening of holy-lamp and felicitation of Dignitaries. The chief Guest of the function was Dr. Pramod Bhalerao, Chairman Yureka India, a leading door manufacturing Company. All the teaching, not teaching staff and student attended the function. Dr. Pramod Bhalerao addressed the student regarding the demand of Civil Engineers as entrepreneur. Prof. B. V. Birajdar suggested current scenario of Civil Engineering world and role of students. Prof. V. J. Yadav explained the brief idea of events planned by CESA in this Academic Year Vote of thanks offered by Aditya Khade.
2. . Felicitation of MPSC Scholars (Civil Alumni)
Date: 09th October 2015
Audience: All Civil Engg Students(SE TE BE), All Civil Engg Staff.
Following five alumnus has been selected by MPSC at Class-I Post under PWD, WSSD and WRD Departments as Assitant Executive Engineer- I and Assistant Engineer-I. 1) Nagesh Jadhav (2005) AE I , PWD, 2) Amit Patharwat (2010) AE I, WSSD 3) Narendra Gharge (2011) AEE I, WRD, 4) Aniket Sawant (2012) AEE I, WRD 5) Suhas Patil (2012) AE I, WRD, 6) Suhas More (2004) AEE I, WRD
These Alumni have been called at the department and felicitated at the hands of Prof. B. V. Birajdar (Head - Department of Civil Engineering). Budding engineers at the department benefited by their words of wisdom.
3. Celebration of Guru Pormina
Civil Engineering Students celebrated Guru Pornima in the Department. All teachers and students civil Department attended the students. Prof. B. V. Birajdar Addressed the students. All teachers were felicities and gifted by a rose and a pen as token of love by students.
4. Guest Lecture By CADD Centre, Aundh
CESA Organized Guest Lecture of REVET Software for all TE and BE Civil Engg. students on 18th August 2015 11.15 am at old seminar hall. Mr. Koustubh Panase from CADD Centre, Aundh was the key speaker. He guided the student regarding REVET Software. Also he and his team gave demonstration of software. They explained the importance and use of REVET.
5. Guest Lecture on Recent Trends in Civil Engineering
CESA Organized Guest Lecture of Recent Trends in Civil Engineering for all SE Civil Engg. students on 18th August 2015 11.15 am at New Seminar Hall. Mr. Koustubh Panase from CADD Centre, Aundh was the speaker. He explained the role of Civil Engineer from ancient time. Also he gave detailed knowledge of current scenario of civil engineering world and it demand.
6. Guest Lecture on Competitive Exam and Gate Preparation
CESA Organized Guest Lecture of Competitive Exam and Gate Preparation for all Civil Engg. students on 22th August 2015, 11.15 am at New Seminar Hall. Mr. Khedkar (IIT MAdras) from Vision Academy , Pune was the key speaker. He guided the Civil Students for need and requirements for preparation of GATE and Competitive Exams. Also he gave details of minimum qualification criteria for government sector such as in MPSC and UPSE Exams.
1. CESA 2014 Inaugural: 26th of July 2014.
The chief guest for this function was Mr.S.D.Patil,Cluster Head,L & T construction,Mumbai.He intracted with students and gave information about the Present construction industry scenario. Dr.S.V.Anekar,Principal,Prof.B.V. Birajdar, H.O.D, civil engineering dept., Prof R.V. Kajave ,faculty adviser, CESA,Mr.Vinay Ghunke,President,CESA and all faculty and students were present on this occasion.
2. A guest lecture by Mrs Preeti patil , HR Manager, B& M Infra Pvt. Ltd.,Pune on the topic ' Personality development & Comunication skill ' is organized on 17th July 2014 by civil engineering student association (CESA) in association with T & P cell.
The chief guest interacted with students and gave information about the importance of personality & communication.Prof.B.V. Birajdar, H.O.D, civil engineering dept.,Prof S.T.Patil,T&P coordinator,Prof R.H.Sule and Prof R.V. Kajave ,faculty adviser, CESA were present on this occasion.
3.Guest Lecture by Mr.Shivaji Heril on 11th Aug.2014 on Value Education.
4.One Day Workshop on Rain Water Harvesting by Mr.Sandeep Aadhypak on 20th Aug.2014
5. Industrial Visit of T.E.Civil students to water treatment plant at Puikhadi and Solid waste treatment plant ‘Zoom, Kolhapur. Dt.16th Sep.2014
6. Visit of B.E. Civil class to construction project at pune and JNPT, Mumbai dt. 18th & 19th sept 2014
7. A Lecture by Mr.Arunkumar Joshi on Project Management for BE Civil Students on 22nd Sep.2014
8.A “Freshers Talent Hunt”for all students with refreshment on 10th Oct.2014
- A Guest Lecture on “Scope of Technical Education” by Dr. Bhimraya Mhetri on 29th July, 2013.
- A Lecture and Demo on “Microsoft Project – MSP “By IGLOBAL SOLUTIONS, PUNE on 31st july, 2013.
- Visit to Wastewater Treatment Plant at Kasaba Bavada on 16th Aug 2014.
- Visit to Ready mix Plant of Supertech at Shiye on 16th Aug 2014.
- Inaugural Function of CESA on 24th August, 2013.
- A guest lecture by Mr. D D Shinde (AEE -I) WRE Dept on “the Opportunities in Government Services”, on 24th August, 2013.
- One week Software training program on “Microsoft Project – MSP” By iGLOBAL SOLUTIONS, PUNE (26th August -2nd September).
- Teacher’s day celebration by students.
- National level paper presentation “Eureka 2k13” on 21st September,2013
- Two days Industrial Visit to Navi Mumbai Metro project & Lavasa City, Pune.
- A Guest lecture by Mr Hemant Jain , Regional Manager,Ultratech Cement on 21st Jan 2014
- Two days visit to“Tillari Interstate Irrigation Project” on 29th , 30th Jan 2014.
- Visit to “Steel Structure Building” at Anandibai Ravrane Mahavidhyalaya, Vaibhavwadi , Dist- sindhudurg.
- Technical project competition and problem solver Jidnyasa2k14 on 22nd March 2014
- Fare well to outgoing students on 30th April 2014.